Ansaldo STS boasts an integrated, global Organization capable of providing an adequate response to demand for standardised solutions in the railway transport market and, in particular, the signalling technology market.
It has four key pillars:
And it is based on the coexistence of:
- Organization: Organizational units with specific professional areas of expertise;
- Team-based organization: functional teams that aim to achieve an objective in order to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the main business processes: offer, execution, development and innovation.
Over the past few years, the market has become increasingly dynamic and competitive, seeing a progressive consolidation of market leaders of ever larger sizes through mergers and acquisitions involving companies in the sector.
This trend, along with the need to respond to competitive pressure on prices and the standardisation of products and technical solutions, has led Ansaldo STS to revise its Organization to further improve efficiency and effectiveness.
The following are the main elements underpinning the company’s Organizational structure:
- clear Organizational identification of a strategic unit directly reporting to the CEO with responsibility for defining strategic guidelines relating to business development and management of the product/technical solutions portfolio on Ansaldo STS’s markets;
- identification and Organizational segregation of business/project management from the technical performance of projects by establishing business units and an Operations Unit; Accordingly, the main structure consists of the following Organizational units directly reporting to the CEO: CEO CFO Railways & Mass Transit BU Freight BU Operations Unit Staff Functions Institutional Affairs, External Relations & Communication
- identification and clear segregation of the businesses that currently characterise Ansaldo STS’s offer: Railway/ Mass Transit and Freight transport;
- clear Organizational identification of a unit directly reporting to the CEO with direct responsibility for safety/RAMS (“Reliability, Availability, Maintainability & Safety”);
- clear Organizational identification of a unit directly reporting to the CEO with direct responsibility for Institutional Affairs, External Relations & Communication;
- Human Resources (HR & Organization Unit), Administration, Finance and Control (CFO Unit) and Staff Functions increasingly focused on generating value by acting as business partners to facilitate and support the achievement of the company’s short, medium and long-term objectives.
Accordingly, the main structure consists of the following Organizational units directly reporting to the CEO.
The Institutional Affairs, External Relations and Communication Unit was set up in November 2015.
Specifically, the Unit is responsible for managing relationship and representation activities with public bodies, public and private
administrations, diplomatic representations and national and international trade associations.